By Adam Riff | @AdamRiff | SVP, Digital Strategy
If you’re a marketing or advertising professional, then lately you’ve probably been running ads on Facebook or have heard the phrase “paid social” or “Facebook ads.”
That’s because according to eMarketer, social media is the fastest growing digital media channel. As impressive as that is, it doesn’t tell the whole story. First, let’s consider some statistics:
- “More than half of 25-to-34-year-old social network users say they can’t live without their social media sites” — eMarketer 2011.
- “9 out of 10 Internet users visited a social networking site each month in 2010” — comScore, February 2011.
- “74% of consumers are influenced to buy AFTER soliciting feedback from social media ” — comScore, February 2011.
- “67% of Twitter users who become followers of a brand are more likely to buy from that brand” — comScore, February 2011.
- “60% of Facebook users who become fans of a brand recommend that brand to a friend ” — comScore, February 2011.
With the demand for social media continuing to skyrocket, it’s critical that we, as advertising professionals, hone our craft to leverage this channel on behalf of our clients.
To help marketers create successful Facebook ad campaigns, MediaWhiz has developed the following list of “secrets.” (more…)