New Alignment Maximizes One Of The Most Experienced Teams In Online Marketing Solutions
MediaWhiz Holdings, Inc., a leading provider of performance-based online marketing services, today announced it has significantly expanded its senior management team. The broader executive team will continue to oversee the integration of the company’s suite of marketing services, which include affiliate marketing, lead generation, email marketing, list management, display advertising, text link advertising, and search marketing, creating seamless, full-service online advertising solutions for MediaWhiz’s clients as well as focusing on developing additional career opportunities for staff across the company.
In the past two years, MediaWhiz has grown more than eight-fold with acquisitions and organic initiatives. Following an investment in 2005 from private equity firm Lake Capital, MediaWhiz merged in 2006 with Global Resource Systems (now WhiteDelivery) to form one of the largest providers of integrated, online performance marketing services. More recently, MediaWhiz acquired Text-Link-Ads.com, specializing in text link advertisements, and Monetizeit.net, a leader in lead generation for the financial, consumer, and healthcare markets.
In April, MediaWhiz announced it had hired Jonathan Shapiro, a former executive at Lillian Vernon Corp., DoubleClick,, United Media and McKinsey & Co., as chief executive officer. Chief financial officer Tom Lanzetta, former chief operating officer of Agency.com, joined the company in January. In addition, a number of the founders and executives of MediaWhiz companies have taken on new roles:
- Jason Cohen, founder of MediaWhiz, Inc., has been appointed chief sales officer and president of MediaWhiz’s New York City office.
- John Dopazo, formerly chief technical officer of WhiteDelivery, has been appointed president of WhiteDelivery, an email service provider that offers email list management, compliance services, content delivery, and transactional message delivery including auto-responders, order confirmations, account updates, and shipping confirmations.
- Yannick Tessier, founder of Global Resource Systems, has accepted the position of chief strategy officer, while Michael Germani, formerly chief operating officer of GRS, will become MediaWhiz’s email delivery officer.
- Dow Smith, formerly chief operating officer, becomes president of Monetizeit.net, while Monetizeit.net co-founder Steve Wadley will focus on sales as executive vice president of business development. Joe Wesson has joined Monetizeit.net as the group’s chief technology officer. Most recently, Wesson was president of Benchmark Consulting, a firm he founded in 2002 and grew to more than $6 million in revenues and 40 employees.
- Patrick Gavin, founder of Text–Link-Ads.com, remains president of the group but has relocated to New York City from Cincinnati and will oversee the expansion of MediaWhiz Search.
“MediaWhiz’s explosive growth had created an increased need for more senior leadership,” said Jonathan Shapiro, chief executive officer of MediaWhiz. “We have an extraordinary group of executives recognized across the industry as online marketing thought leaders. The realignment of our management team maximizes their talents and experience, allowing us to continue to provide MediaWhiz clients with one of the broadest platforms of online marketing solutions available while also enhancing career opportunities for MediaWhiz employees.”